So I’m surfing Facebook and I saw Jamie Oliver’s Gluten-free blueberry mini muffins recipe, this brought about the idea of making buckwheat mini muffins! Absolutely heavenly.
This recipe is a cleaner spin on classic blueberry muffins with good for you ingredients like buckwheat flour,raw sugar and organic blueberries. These muffins make an easy, portable breakfast or snack.
To make Buckwheat & Blueberry Mini Muffins you’ll need:
4 free run eggs
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup organic raw sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh organic blueberries
– Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
– In large bowl combine eggs, butter, raw sugar, and vanilla.
– In a separate bowl mix buckwheat flour, salt, and baking soda.
– Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, then stir in blueberries.
– Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each mini-muffin cup.
– Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until risen and golden.
– Makes 24
This delicious dish is made with sliced veal cutlets that are dipped in flour, then browned and simmered with onions,garlic and tomatoes. Adding veggies makes it a complete meal with pasta or rice.
To make Veal Piccata and Veggies you’ll need:
2 Ibs veal cutlets
one large onion julienned
4 cloves minced garlic
1 C flour
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
1 C water
2 sliced tomatoes
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 bag frozen vegetables (I used President’s Choice Summer Blend)
– Season the veal with salt and pepper. In shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
– Dredge veal into flour mixture to coat both sides, shaking off excess. Discard excess flour.
– In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Sauté each side until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes.
– In a separate small skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and fry onion. Add onions to veal mixture, de-glaze with 1 cup water. Stir in tomato slices.
– In same small skillet, add one more tablespoon olive oil, fry garlic cloves with dried coriander. Add to veal mixture, simmer on medium heat till veal almost done
– In a same small skillet, add one more tablespoon olive oil, fry frozen vegetables,till cooked. Add to veal mixture, let come to a boil then remove from heat.
– Serve warm with spaghetti or rice. Drizzle sauce over veal cutlets and vegetables.
How about chocolatey fudgey muffins with no butter or oil? With all the goodness of ancient flour and fruits … This recipe is a keeper.
Recipe adopted from Delicious!!
To make Chocolate Banana Fudge Muffins you’ll need:
2 large ripe bananas
2/3 C raw sugar
1 large free run egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 jar (5.4 oz) unsweetened prune purée
1/2 C kamut flour
1/2 C spelt flour
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups. Set aside.In a large bowl mash the bananas using a potato masher.
– Stir in the raw sugar, egg,vanilla and prune purée.
– Sift the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
– Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.Top with more chocolate chips while still hot.
– Allow muffins to cool for few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you’re chocoholic (as myself) , you’re gonna love this chocolate bread recipe!! It is moist, delicious, yet not too sweet.
Recipe adopted from Chocolate, Chocolate, and More . Will sure satisfy your chocolate craving.
To make Double Chocolate Bread you’ll need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup raw sugar
2 large free run eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla yoghurt (I used Krema)
1/2 C half and half cream
1 3/4 cups kamut flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
– Cream butter and sugar together. Add in eggs,vanilla extract,cream and yoghurt . Beating until smooth and creamy.
– Add in dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Stir in Chocolate chips.
– Pour batter into a buttered loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
– Let bread rest in pan for 20 minutes, place on a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting. I love it with a cold glass of milk.
What a better way to celebrate spring than serving a colourful cake on a sunny day! This cheerful yummy cake is perfect for dessert or snack. I am not a big fan of icing,I just serve it clean, which makes it ideal for a picnic or travelling. Kids and adults just love it!
To make Rainbow Cake you’ll need:
8 Tbsp oil
8 Tbsp organic raw sugar
2 large free run eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp baking powder
16 Tbsp spelt flour
1 Tbsp Orange blossom water*
food colouring (3 different colours of your choice)
* You can purchase orange blossom water from most middle eastern markets
– In large bowl, mix oil with sugar. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange juice and mix to combine. Beat in vanilla and orange blossom water. Combine flour and baking powder . Stir into liquid mixture. Divide among 3 bowls. Mix each batter with food colouring of your choice.
– Dollop large spoonfuls of each batter into baking pan.Don’t spread or swirl together, just dollop.
– Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick (or knife ) inserted in the centre of the cake will come out clean . Let cool in pan on rack. Run knife around edges. Turn right side up; let cool on rack.
– Serve with fresh fruits.
I make this cheese at least twice a month. It is clean, refreshing and it feels so good making a cheese sandwich with home made cheese 🙂
To make Labnéh you’ll need:
1 (175 gms) container 3% Balkan style yoghurt
2 tsp salt
– Add salt to yoghurt , stir to combine.
– Line a sieve with about 4 large coffee filters,place sieve over a large bowl. Spoon yoghurt into centre of sieve.
– Cover with plastic wrap and let yoghurt drain overnight.
– Transfer cheese into a sealed container. Keep unused portions in fridge . Discard excess water.
– Garnish cheese with your favourite herbs, I always serve it with Nigella sativa and olive oil.
Salada Méchouié is a typical Algerian salad. Colourful grilled peppers with Mediterranean seasoning makes it really special. Once vegetables are grilled,it is pretty easy to throw together. Perfect appetizer or side.
To make Salada Méchouié you’ll need:
3 red peppers
3 yellow peppers
1 head of garlic
1/2 C olive oil
For the dressing:
1 clove of garlic ,minced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place vegetables on prepared pan. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil.
Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Let vegetables cool. Peel, and seed peppers and tomatoes; cut into strips. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skin and mince. Transfer vegetables into a bowl.
For dressing :
Add minced garlic,vinegar and lemon juice to roasted vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle salad with more olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Mix gently to combine the flavours. Let sit to cool and serve at room temperature.
Enjoy with rustic crusty bread.