This is a regular pasta recipe , except that I am using Kamut pasta . Kamut flour is one of ancient species of modern wheat, it is high in protein and minerals. Kamut products are getting more popular in food stores now, from flour to pasta and cereals. If you live in Montreal you’ll find it in Loblaws and Marché Adonis.
Kamut pasta is brownish and crunchy compared with regular pasta. I made sure the sauce is quite thick to overwhelm the strong flavour of kamut.
Sauce ingredients are simply strained tomatoes , garlic and olive oil . Enjoy this few ingredients CLEAN dish served with shredded cheese if desired and sautéed spinach. Yummy!
To make Saucy Kamut Penne you’ll need:
1/2 package (8 oz) kamut penne .
1/2 a bottle (12 oz) passata – strained tomatoes.
2 cloves of garlic,minced.
2 Tbsp olive oil.
1 cup water – from boiled pasta.
salt and pepper to taste.
– Boil pasta according to package directions.
– Drain pasta ,reserving 1 C of the cooking water.
– In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil, fry garlic in oil till golden in colour.
– Add passata and 1 C of cooking water.Season with S&P to taste
– Simmer on low-meduim heat for about 7 minutes.
– Add pasta to sauce , drizzle more olive oil on top.