How about chocolatey fudgey muffins with no butter or oil? With all the goodness of ancient flour and fruits … This recipe is a keeper.
Recipe adopted from Delicious!!
To make Chocolate Banana Fudge Muffins you’ll need:
2 large ripe bananas
2/3 C raw sugar
1 large free run egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 jar (5.4 oz) unsweetened prune purée
1/2 C kamut flour
1/2 C spelt flour
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups. Set aside.In a large bowl mash the bananas using a potato masher.
– Stir in the raw sugar, egg,vanilla and prune purée.
– Sift the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
– Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.Top with more chocolate chips while still hot.
– Allow muffins to cool for few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.