So I’m surfing Facebook and I saw Jamie Oliver’s Gluten-free blueberry mini muffins recipe, this brought about the idea of making buckwheat mini muffins! Absolutely heavenly.
This recipe is a cleaner spin on classic blueberry muffins with good for you ingredients like buckwheat flour,raw sugar and organic blueberries. These muffins make an easy, portable breakfast or snack.
To make Buckwheat & Blueberry Mini Muffins you’ll need:
4 free run eggs
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup organic raw sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh organic blueberries
– Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
– In large bowl combine eggs, butter, raw sugar, and vanilla.
– In a separate bowl mix buckwheat flour, salt, and baking soda.
– Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, then stir in blueberries.
– Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each mini-muffin cup.
– Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until risen and golden.
– Makes 24
One of my favourite pancake recipes; delicious ,filling and healthy.
Try these pancakes with my Potato And Sweet Pepper Frittata for a perfect breakfast or brunch.
To Make Buckwheat Pancakes you’ll need:
1 C buckwheat flour
1 C spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinamon
2 large free run organic eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 C organic milk (2 %)
1/2 C buttermilk
2 Tbsp butter
– Mix both types of flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Add milk , buttermilk , eggs , and vanilla extract . Stir to combine.
– Melt butter in a non stick pan, stir into batter . (You may need to add more butter to grease the pan for cooking the pancakes).
– Ladle 1/3 C of batter into pan, cook 1 minute per side. Transfer on kitchen paper to cool.
– Serve with fruits and honey or maple syrup.
If you’re on a gluten free diet , or would like to give your stomach a break from gluten every now and then ( like I do). Try this indulging recipe for dessert . You may also like to try my Karantika (Gram flour Skillet) for a complete gluten free meal.
Hope you’ll try it and like it.
4 Tbsp butter, plus more for pan
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/4 C sorghum flour
1/4 C buckwheat flour
1/4 C tapioca starch
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda*
1/2 c organic cane sugar
1/4 C fancy molasses
1 large egg
1/4 C Balkan style yogurt
2/3 C semi sweet chocolate chips
Ice cream (select your favorite ice cream flavor)
Cocoa powder for dusting.
* Make sure that baking soda is gluten free if you’re on a gluten free diet.
– Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl , set aside.
– In separate bowl, beat butter with sugar,eggs, vanilla,molasses and yogurt.
– Add egg mixture to dry ingredients.
– Fold in chocolate chips.
– Spread into a buttered 9 inch square pan.
– Bake in preheated 350 oven for 20- 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
– Just before serving, place 1 brownie on a serving plate, place a generous scoop of ice cream on the brownie and top with a second brownie, lightly pressing together.Repeat to make the remaining sandwiches.
– Dust with cocao powder.Serve immediately.
– Enjoy !