This delicious dish is made with sliced veal cutlets that are dipped in flour, then browned and simmered with onions,garlic and tomatoes. Adding veggies makes it a complete meal with pasta or rice.
To make Veal Piccata and Veggies you’ll need:
2 Ibs veal cutlets
one large onion julienned
4 cloves minced garlic
1 C flour
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
1 C water
2 sliced tomatoes
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 bag frozen vegetables (I used President’s Choice Summer Blend)
– Season the veal with salt and pepper. In shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
– Dredge veal into flour mixture to coat both sides, shaking off excess. Discard excess flour.
– In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Sauté each side until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes.
– In a separate small skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and fry onion. Add onions to veal mixture, de-glaze with 1 cup water. Stir in tomato slices.
– In same small skillet, add one more tablespoon olive oil, fry garlic cloves with dried coriander. Add to veal mixture, simmer on medium heat till veal almost done
– Serve warm with spaghetti or rice. Drizzle sauce over veal cutlets and vegetables.