I had leftover butternut squash from my Butternut Squash Muffins recipe . I could not wait to try this pie and I thought I would share it with you.
To make butternut squash purée: cut the butternut squash into quarters lengthwise, scoop out seeds and membranes. Place in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle butternut squash with vegetable oil and roast for about 45 minutes in a 350F preheated oven. Cool to room temperature then scrap the flesh with a spoon into a glass bowl and mash with a potato masher.
To make Crustless Butternut Squash Pie you’ll need:
2 C butternut squash purée.
1 C unsweetened condensed milk.
3 Tbsp butter.
1/4 C raw sugar.
1 tsp cinamon.
1/2 C kamut flour (or AP flour).
1/4 C honey.
2 large eggs.
1/2 C 15% cream.
– Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
– Place butternut squash purée, condensed milk, sugar, honey, eggs, melted butter and cream in a food processor. Process until smooth.
– Pour butternut squash batter into skillet.
– Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
– Let rest in skillet on a wire rack.Serve warm or at room temperature.