These classic muffins (with a twist) are big hit in my family. This recipe is a delicious yet nutritious way to save your over ripe bananas.
I learned a trick of microwaving the bananas before using in baking from America’s Test Kitchen , it helps improve the texture and strengthen the flavour of bananas.
Look for chocolate chips with no added artificial flavour for a clean, all natural taste. Enjoy for any time of day.
To make Kamut Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins you’ll need:
1/2 C butter
1 C raw sugar
2 large free run organic eggs
3 peeled ripe bananas
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 C kamut flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill ORGANIC KAMUT FLOUR)
2 tsp baking soda
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
– Place the bananas in a microwave safe bowl.
– Cover with plastic wrap , cook for 1 minute.
– Discard extra liquid from bananas, mash and set side.
– In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar, beat in mashed banans, eggs and vanilla.
– Whisk flour and baking soda, add to butter mixture.
– Fold in chocolate chips.
– Pour batter in paper lined muffin cups.
– Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes.
– Cool on a wire rack.
– Makes 10 muffins.