This cake is so chocolatey and moist. I used kamut flour as I’m fond of using ancient types of flour.See my post GOING WHEATLESS! Feel free to use all purpose flour instead of kamut. Enjoy it anyway with a cold glass of milk, yummy!
To make Chocolate Cherry Cake you’ll need:
1 1/2 C whole kamut flour ( or AP flour)
1 pkg (180 gms) chocolate pudding
3/4 C sugar ( I used raw sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1C butter milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 C melted butter
2 C cherries, pitted and halved
Cocoa powder for dusting.
– In a large bowl, stir together the kamut flour, chocolate pudding,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
– In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with butter and sugar. Add vanilla and almond extract.
– Add egg mixture to dry ingredients alternatively with butter milk starting and ending with dry ingredients mixture. Add cherries.
– Pour batter into a greased round baking pan.
– Dust with cocoa powder and serve .