If you’re on a gluten free diet , or would like to give your stomach a break from gluten every now and then ( like I do). Try this indulging recipe for dessert . You may also like to try my Karantika (Gram flour Skillet) for a complete gluten free meal.
Hope you’ll try it and like it.
4 Tbsp butter, plus more for pan
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/4 C sorghum flour
1/4 C buckwheat flour
1/4 C tapioca starch
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda*
1/2 c organic cane sugar
1/4 C fancy molasses
1 large egg
1/4 C Balkan style yogurt
2/3 C semi sweet chocolate chips
Ice cream (select your favorite ice cream flavor)
Cocoa powder for dusting.
* Make sure that baking soda is gluten free if you’re on a gluten free diet.
– Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl , set aside.
– In separate bowl, beat butter with sugar,eggs, vanilla,molasses and yogurt.
– Add egg mixture to dry ingredients.
– Fold in chocolate chips.
– Spread into a buttered 9 inch square pan.
– Bake in preheated 350 oven for 20- 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
– Just before serving, place 1 brownie on a serving plate, place a generous scoop of ice cream on the brownie and top with a second brownie, lightly pressing together.Repeat to make the remaining sandwiches.
– Dust with cocao powder.Serve immediately.
– Enjoy !