I have been trying to come up with a recipe to replace the caramel rice cakes that my son loves. Trying to avoid commercial food with added flavors, I do not feel comfortable seeing him munching on those caramel cakes.
This only 4 ingredients recipe worked pretty well and my little prince was satisfied with the results , in fact we all loved those cakes that we finished the first batch by the next day.
To make Caramel Pop Corn Cakes you’ll need :
1 C popping corn
2 Tbsp oil (I used grape seed oil)
1 C caramel; commercial or home made (I used Bonne Maman Caramel Spread )
2 Tbsp butter.
– Heat oil on medium heat in a pot.
– Add popping corn and cover.
– Do not remove lid till pop corn stops popping.
– Transfer the popcorn to a large glass bowl.
– In same pot, melt butter. Add caramel spread and stir just until caramel is melted, stir to mix with butter.
– Add pop corn and stir till completely combined with caramel sauce.
– Use large cookie cutter to shape corn into crackers, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper .
– Cool completely on wire rack. Keep in closed container separated with parchment papper.