This dish is great for brunch , lunch or supper
I served it to my familly this sunday as brunch with saussages and pancakes.They licked the platter clean.
This frittata is also great cut into squares and packed in lunch boxes with green salad and crispbread or toast.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
To make Potato And Sweet Pepper Frittata you need:
2 large potatoes peeled and diced
4 large eggs
1 large red pepper diced
6 Tbsp olive oil
1 meduim onion sliced
1 tsp each italian herbs,salt,black pepper,
1/2 C grated cheddar cheese.
– Put potatoes in a pot, add cold water to cover.
– Bring to a boil then simmer on meduim heat until tender for few minutes.Drain potatoes and set aside.
– Preheat oven to 350 F.
– In a non tick frying pan heat 2 Tbsp oil,saute onions and red peppers untill crisp.
– Remove vegetables with slotted spoon.
– Add remaining 4 Tbsp oil and stir in potatoes. Continue cooking until browned.
– Add onions and peppers back to pan and combine with potatoes.
– Beat the eggs with herbs and pour over vegetables.
– Swirl pan so eggs cover vegetables and start to set.
– Sprinkle with cheese.
– Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until set and cheese melts.
– Let rest 5 minutes before serving .