I can’t remember how many times I baked this pie, my son loves it , I’m glad he does ,it’s a nice way to make him eat eggs.I always get compliments when I serve it to friends in gatherings and potlucks.
I used digestive biscuits to make the crust , I had a couple of bags left in my pantry ,so I decided to use one to make this pie. I like digestive biscuits because they’re not too sweet ( 8 gms of sugar per 5 cookies) . I like the texture of the crust as well.
I also used Chipits semi sweet chocolate chips, I like that it has no artificial flavor.
I Wish you will try the pie and like it.
1 Package chocolate digestive biscuits (200 gms)
1/2 C butter (at room temprature)
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Sweet potatoes , cut into quarters.
1 C 15% cream
1 C sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C melted butter
2 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp cinamon
1 C Caramel sauce (store bought or home made)
– Place cookies into a bowl of food processor, pulse till finely ground.
– Add cookies and butter into a large ziplock, and mix till crumbs are compleltely combined with butter
– Press mixture evenly into a 9 ” buttered pie pan
– Melt chocolate chips
– Spread chocolate over cookie crust.Set asdide.
– Boil Sweet potatoes in a pot of simmering water for 15 minutes or untill poatoes are tender , peel potatoes and puree with a fork.
– Heat cream with sugar till sugar dissolves.
– Place sweet potatoes, eggs ,vanilla,cinamon,cream-sugar mixture and molasses in the bowl of a food processor .Process untill mixture combines.
– Pour the batter into pie shell.
– Place onto a cookie pan lined with aluminuim foil.
– Bake in 350F oven for one hour or untill a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
– Let tart cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack
– Top tart with caramel sauce
– Cool completely, chill for 4 hours minimum before serving.